You want to make meals that people will be coming back for seconds?
Cooking plant-based is your answer.
These recipes we referenced below use whole food plant-based ingredients such as: colorful fruits and vegetables; comforting whole grains, beans and lentils; as well as potatoes, herbs, vinegars, and other flavors.
Sometimes we use the same cookbook for weeks on end, other times we just “Google” the ingredients we have on hand and “plant based”.
Either way, not everything is a hit, as with anything you make in the kitchen.
So pick something and try it out. Adjust the flavor to your liking. And enjoy the process!
- The Engine 2 Diet Cookbook – hands down, the cookbook Catherine uses the most!
- The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook
- The How Not to Die Cookbook
- Forks over Knives: The Cookbook
- Plant-based on a Budget
- Thug Kitchen
- The Happy Pear – they have several
- The Help Yourself Cookbook for Kids – super cute! Sara, Catherine’s 10 year old got it for Christmas a couple years ago and loves making her lunches from it.
- Oh She Glows Cookbook
- The Plantpower Way
Websites & Blogs
- Engine 2 – some recipes on the site as well as a meal planner
- Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures – beautiful pictures and creative recipes
- Minimalist Baker – lots of great recipes, although you’ll have to substitute oil for most of them
- Oh She Glows!
- Forks over Knives – we mention this site quite a bit because they have so much to offer. They also have a cooking class, a meal planner and food items to purchase.
- The Simple Veganista
- FatFree Vegan Kitchen – she also has recipes that use the air fryer and instantpot
- Lighter – a recipe platform that also provides shopping lists from the recipes and links to grocery delivery
- The Happy Pear – the YouTube channel has great recipes and they’re entertaining 😄